Head of France
Wheely is a premium-only ride-hailing chauffeur service. Our most basic service starts with executive (Mercedes E-Class or similar) and ends with ultra-luxury (Mercedes-Maybach). We are doing $50m in annual gross bookings & growing 100% YoY. Ride-hailers are emerging either as local champions or niche players, and our goal is to build the #1 premium ride-hailing in Tier 1 cities.
We are looking for a Head of France to launch and rapidly scale our service in France, starting with Paris. We are very ambitious with our plans and have the know-how and resources to make it happen - the missing piece is you!
- Launch and grow operations at a rapid pace
- Assume control and responsibility over the country’s operations, targets and costs
- Build a team of high impact individuals
- Match rider demand with chauffeur supply
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with local laws and regulations
- Study the market and competition
- Experience as a general / operations manager, director or consultant in a top-tier consultancy or IT / consumer internet / on demand business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others
- Confident critical-thinker who can jump into many different problems, markets and situations and come up with solutions.
- We need someone who is invigorated by delivering impact – and seeing the tangible effects. You need to want to make change now – this is less about creating an incredible strategy that will be implemented over the next 5 years, and more about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months.
- You know when you have enough insight to make a call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high quality decisions. You are enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. You don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right. In other words, whatever it is - you can get it done
- You'll definitely do some number-crunching – it’s important to be able to quickly identify issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be.
- You will be joining a successful, well funded and fast-growing start-up at the very beginning of our French operation
- You will get an opportunity to have a significant impact on the whole company through your personal contributions
- We offer a highly competitive compensation package, including bonuses and stock-options
- Free monthly Wheely rides!